Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'll be okay

I'm sorry for being Debbie Downer last night.

Sigh.

For some reason when I turned on the computer this morning, I thought I would be a little ray of sunshine to beam into my blog. But, no, I am still depressed.

I am financially screwed. I have the money to pay off my credit card debt but I don't have money for rent.

I have to work downtown today. And when I go home for dinner, my dad is really going to let me have it. He said that with all my financial problems I'm going through right now, I have just proved to him that I am a "complete loser." It really sucks.

But I will get through this.

I will endure my parents' wrath tonight. I will not let my unemployed boyfriend get the best of me. I will find a way of paying my rent. (Rian is going to sell a couple of his beloved guitars if need be, but I'm trying to find other options...).

In fact, if I can get through all the hatred and screaming and put downs my dad throws at me tonight, I will be fine. I can make it through anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are my few tips as far as financials go: call your credit card company. Explain your situation and they might, might actually work something out with you. Ignoring it (not what you're doing, but I know it's tempting) won't make it go away, and it sucks to deal with, but be proactive. You might save your sanity and your pocketbook at once.
Second, call your companies and update them with your current address and contact info. It's not your father's business, and it doesn't help to have him calling and stressing you out about things he shouldn't know about in the first place. Honestly, that will probably make everything easier in general. Have everything transferred from your parents' address over.
My mom would always freak out on me if I paid car insurance a few days late (nothing to be proud of, but certainly not worth repeated phone calls). I finally had every little piece of mail switched over and the day to day is much easier. I'm aware of my bills and if I need to pay a few days late every once in a while.