Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Feeling a little bit better...

I have been pretty down lately. It seems like everything in my life is dreadful.

I have no money. My dad is driving me nuts. I might get laid off from my job this month. I need to lose weight. My car is on its last leg.

But for the past two days, I have felt a little more optimistic and not-so-dreary. It might be because of the sudden change in weather. It has been gorgeous. It was 80 yesterday and 70 today. It will be the same over the weekend. I feel like spring has finally arrived (or a little taste of it at least).

My lift in spirits comes at an interesting time. Just a few days ago, a new friend was telling me to cheer up and enjoy life. She's such a doll and one of those people who is naturally blissful. And then this morning I watched this Tom Hanks movie where he says something like "only a few people in this world are really alive. Everyone else is asleep. And those people who are alive just walk around every day in amazement."

I want to be one of those people who is really alive. Yes, a lot of things in my life suck. Really bad. But I want to live beyond that. I want to find happiness somewhere.

I don't know where to begin. A change in attitude doesn't happen overnight. But I'm going to try.

No comments: