Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

My six favorite things...

I've been feeling kind of blue lately. And not a fab sky blue that sparkles with the sun, but a more sickly pale blue that keeps getting darker and more dreary as time goes on...

My car's air conditioner is shot and I can't afford to fix it (gonna cost $500-700). I can stand these 80-something degree days now but when July brings those 100-something degree days, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to survive in traffic without getting a heat stroke.

And our phones are down at work, which sucks because I am a journalist. So for the past two months I have been using my cell phone for interviews. My phone bill is usually 50 bucks per month, but due to my interviewing, my bill for last month came as $400. So that's where my money went, which I could have used towards my car. It's all very sad. Especially since my company cannot afford (we just had five massive lay offs) to reimburse me for my cell phone bill. Which really, really sucks.

But I don't want to pass along my troubles to you. Just a head's up on why I've been MIA lately.

I was lucky enough to be tagged by the fabulous Couture Carrie with the Six (un)Important Things That Make You Happy.

Here are my six:

1. Funky, glamorous eccentric cocktail rings




2. Pedicures



3. Hummus



4. Flowing white dresses



5. Bubble tea



6. Chick lit


What are your favorite things?

10 comments:

Cesc said...

*big hug* I hate it when karma lets you down...but I hope your week improves.

Hummus=YUM! And I completely love flowing white dresses. They remind me of Greek Goddesses!

xoxo
Cesc

justbecausefashion said...

lovely list, i love hummus too!!!!
gloria
xxx G&L

Fashion Moment said...

Thank you for your comment! I hope you'll enjoy in my three blogs!
Your blog is fantastic, and I agree about white dress!

FM~FP~AF

Elizabeth Victoria Clark said...

ahah i'm absolutely with you on the bubble tea and hummus. delish! xx

starbrained said...

I'm sending you good karma! My mom just gave me all of these cocktail rings. I love it.
P.S. I'm giving you an award.

Couture Carrie said...

Looooove your fave things, especially flowy white dresses and cocktail rings! And that chick lit collage is perfect!

Thanks for doing this tag and for the shout-out, darling!

xoxox,
CC

thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

I've never had bubble tea but everyone says it is great. I might have to try it.

FASHION CHALET said...

Thank youu, honey :)

Pedicures!! me too
bubble baths
the beach
smoothies
reading in bed
sleeping in
camping, inside


x

boubou said...

Bonjour ! i just came across blog ! i invite you to take a cup of tea in boubouteatime and enjoy your time :)
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx

Chelsea Bryan Knights said...

I relate to just about every item on your list, especially the white dress and pedicures.