Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Goodbye, dear friend



It seems every year I lose a close friend to geography. Last year, my friend Jonny deserted me for Dallas. This week, Meredith deserted me for...China.

I am very sad that she left. She has been a close friend of mine for the past three years. We were both the youngest reporters at our newspaper and immediately became friends upon meeting.



She has a classy yet unique sense of style (as you can see from these photos) and a really upbeat attitude, which always put a smile on my face whenever I was sad.

We are the same height and weight (well, before I ballooned, haha) so that made shopping at the mall during our lunch breaks a lot of fun!

She is very easy to get along with so she instantly became good friends with my friends.





Meredith moved to China to be near her family. Her parents are university professors and they will be teaching over there. Her siblings are moving there as well. While I am sad she is gone, I am excited for all the adventures she will have overseas.

Knowing Meredith, she will gain new friends very quickly. Her sweet personality and instant ability to connect with strangers are qualities I always envied.



Hopefully our goodbye is not forever. She plans to visit me in the future and if I'm lucky, I may go visit her in China some day.

Plus, she plans to start a blog about her adventures. When she does, I will definitely give you the link. She's an amazing writer and has an adorable sense of humor. I'm surprised she isn't a blogger already!



Well, now you know about my friend. :) Only a week left before I finally get internet in my apartment! And I will be blogging all the time!

But for now, cheers! xo

24 comments:

Josie said...

What a sweet tribute post. It's always hard when friends leave... Wishing her all the luck in China, though!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So cute! And hey now you have someone to visit in China right?!

Anonymous said...

awww I'm sorry :(


you'll be okay. sending a big hug! Mwah!


http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

Imogen said...

I'm so very sad for you but I hope everything works out for her with all the adventures she will have in China. I hope you for to remain good friends but I know how hard it can be when friends leave.

ching said...

oh my..let's all wish the best for Meredith. :)

Sherin said...

She sounds so lovely! I'm sure you guys will remain really close friends though.

btd. said...

Wow China, that's pretty cool. I hope you do get to visit her one day. I'll be waiting for her blog link! :)

Vix said...

What a wonderful tribaute to your friend. You will miss her. You look amazingly beautiful in the photos. xxx

Barbara von Enger said...

Ah, here's to good friends - am sure she has you in good memory.
This is such a kind tribute - there is always Skype, telephone and letters, but I do know it's not the same as seeing your friend in person. You really ought to visit China someday;-)

Leia said...

She seems like such a great person! I hope she has fun in China :) it's always hard losing friends.

Leia

This is Jade FM said...

You're so cute to write such a beautiful post about your friend :)
Cheer up! I am sure you'll meet another friend, maybe like her!
xoxo JAde

Arini Desianti Parawi said...

look you guys having somefun together!!
love all ur style here ;)

THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

in Love & Light
Queen D

JOWY said...

aaawh this is truly SWEET!

One Love,
Jowy
www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Cute pics, darling!
Good luck to your friend!

xoxox,
CC

Cafe Fashionista said...

It's never easy to say goodbye to a friend - even if it's only temporary. On the bright side...maybe this means you can visit her in China one day, and share in her overseas adventures!! :)

glee said...

I envy people that got upbeat attitude. I always wish I have it. :)

I'm sure it would be sad to depart from a good friend. Hope you guys find a time to meet up and catch up again some day.

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

Awwe...I wanna moe back to France so bad. China sounds so cool!

Hurray for internet!!


Amber
ambersmouthwash

Laura Tenshi said...

This is awful, it's so hard to have a genuine friendship these days and when you find one that lasts you have to say goodbye. Well, like you said you can always visit her in China and she will come back to visit too...

lauren said...

it's hard to find ah-mazing friends, so when you do you've gotta hold on tight. i'm sure she's going to have a genius adventure.

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
the teen cho--- who cares?

o said...

Meredith sounds like a wonderful person and friend. It's very sweet of you to write a tribute post:) Good friends are definitely hard to come by, especially as we become older (or is that just me?? lol). I can totally commiserate, I've lost many good friends to geography, too:( Hope you had an awesome labor day weekend!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Becky Tjandera said...

Aww must be sad . Nice post about your friend Jen ! But you'll meet her again for sure :)

Audrey Allure said...

Wonderful photos, she sounds so cool :) At least you can still keep in touch!

Tights Lover said...

I'm so sorry to hear your friend is moving so far away! Hopefully you'll get a chance to visit her someday, at least...I hear China is an amazing place to visit!

I love the photos. You look like great friends!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm so sorry, but ya'll will remain close! My girls are scattered all over the country and we're as close as ever! xoxo