Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Answers (Part III)

Are you sick of me yet?

I am still so impressed by the creativity of each question. Kudos to everyone for keeping me entertained! Plus, I keep getting more questions every day, so this could very much turn into a never-ending question blog! Haha. Just kidding, I wouldn't let that happen. ;)

Here we go!



Amber asked, "What is your favorite Jelly Belly flavor?"

I haven't had jelly beans in YEARS! If I remember correctly, my favorite flavor was pina colada. I also liked the buttered popcorn flavor merely for the novelty factor.



Vanilla asked, "If you won the Lottery how would you spend it? And do you think that money is your friend or foe?"

I would take all my closest friends on fabulous vacations. I would buy them cars too. Because what is the point of having a shitload of money if you can't enjoy it with your friends??

And I think money can be your best friend if you treat it right. ;)



Tights Lover asked, "You're alone stranded on a deserted island...but...the news isn't all bad. An ipod with your 10 most favorite songs ever just washed ashore. What are those songs?"

1. Suedehead by Morrissey
2. Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby, Stills, & Nash
3. The Fear by Lily Allen
4. Ragged Wood by Fleet Foxes
5. Across the Universe by The Beatles
6. Like a Prayer by Madonna
7. There is a Light that Never Goes Out by The Smiths
8. All Love Can Be by Charlotte Church
9. Heart of Gold by Neil Young

(I was tempted to have each one be Smiths or Morrissey, but I took your advice! Haha!)



Bonnie asked, "Masturbation: Yay or nay?"

I approve! As long as you do it in privacy. But if you masturbate in front of your open bedroom window at night, with all the lights on, I will videotape you from my living room and put it on youtube. True story.



Lisa asked, "What do you enjoy the most in your life?"

I love to write. It's my passion.



Movies on my Mind asked, "Have you ever done drugs and which ones?"

I think I accidentally smoked pot once. I have no desire to do any drugs though. I have enough problems in my life as it is. Lol.



Some Girl asked, "Twitter or facebook?"

Facebook. I still don't understand Twitter, even though I've had one for two years.



F asked, " I would like to know what do you wanna do in your future..."

My dream is to have a successful career as either a journalist or author and also be a mom.



Rachel asked, "Have you ever travelled outside of the States? If so, where?"

I have not been out of the States yet. Well, I think my parents dragged me to Canada when I was two, but that barely counts. My goal is to at least get to Mexico within the next year. Baby steps, people. Baby steps...

and

"What is your favourite kind of cake?"

Red velvet!

and

"What are 5 things about yourself that you love or that you are the most proud of?"

I'm proud that I:

-graduated college at 22
-received an impressive reporting job within a month upon graduating
-haven't gotten knocked up yet
-have good taste
-am open-minded



Mimi asked, "which actress do you want to play you in a movie about your life?"

Mila Kunis because she's adorable and fun. I'm such a complex and fascinating person, I think portraying me in a film could win her the Oscar she so desperately deserves. Plus, I want to give people the illusion that I am hot.



Olga asked, "where do you keep your old childhood toys?"

Most of them are tucked away in my parents' attic. Except for my Cabbage Patch doll. She's safely stored in my closet for safekeeping. My aunt stood in line for five hours at a Toys R' Us in November 1983 so I could have that doll when I was born a month later. I carried that doll with me everywhere until I was in first grade. She was my sister.



Melissa asked, "So what is your ethnicity?"

I am half-Indian and half-Swedish (with a bit of German and English mixed up in there).



Jaime asked, "what's your earliest memory?"

My earliest memory is from when I was almost three years old. My family was living in a very small town in North Dakota. I remember my mom took me to a Native American reservation to give food to a single mom and her son, who was a year older than me. I remember thinking it was strange that this woman and her son lived in a single room. I was too young to really comprehend poverty.




Sierra asked, "You may not want to answer this but what happened with your boyfriend? Still with him?"

I'm still with Rian! Lol. I think he hasn't shown up on here lately because we're so boring at the moment. We don't have money to really go out and do anything exciting. The last post featuring him may have been about the time we ran into Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell at a Mexican bar last year. Random!

and

"Have you thought about venturing into the freelance world and writing? I could give you some good pointers!"

I've been freelancing for my friend's website featuring local news, but that's about it. If you have any pointers about freelancing, I would love to hear them! Seriously. I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities, I just don't know exist!

and

"What is your favorite thing to do and I mean absolute favorite."

Write. Sometimes I think it is the only reason I can function.


The last of my questions will be posted tomorrow...

45 comments:

Tights Lover said...

Yay! Loved your answers to my question...you have excellent music tastes! And if all the songs you picked had been Smiths/Morrissey, I still would've thought so!

Hope you had a great weekend!

drollgirl said...

your masturbation story made me laugh!

Carla Chávez Lino said...

:) love to read your answers

Meri said...

Ah yes, I have a beat up cabbage patch kid hanging around somewhere or other... if I hadn't been so hard on it it might be worth something now as a relic haha!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Haven't gotten knocked up yet...You crack me up lady! And popcorn Jelly Bellies rock my world!

Barry said...

Random impressions:

*I'm not sick of you yet nor could I ever be. Not while there's so much still to learn about you and all the juicy stuff I'm too afraid to ask.

*oh-emm-gee, you mentioned Morrissey. :)

*wanna hear more about this masturbation story. YouTube, really??

*I love that you write, LOVE it. Please don't stop.

*yay for no drugs!

*I think you'd be an amazing mom. ♥

*all evidence of your hotness skipped illusion and became my reality. Face it when you've got it, you've got it.

Sarah said...

The songs that you posted that I wasn't familiar with, I listened to, and came to the realization that I COULD NOT ONLY HAVE 10 SONGS ON AN IPOD THE REST OF MY LIFE!! That would be certain death. I really liked the choices you made!

Sherin said...

Hehe, hilarious: well done for not getting knocked up! I would definitely do the same if I won the lottery, except instead of cars, it'd be shoes.
But I love getting to know random facts about you.

Bronzed Humanity said...

Such a trooper with all your answers! I'd ask you a question if i could think of one as cool as everyone else's! Cute photo picks!
xx
Hot Pink Day

Lisa said...

you and your bf are so cute together!!! omg that is so funny i would love to meet mr. belding hahaha

Bonnie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHA.
I can't believe you actually answered my masturbation question.
Shit, I love you. <333

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Dina's Days said...

Usually these question and answer things bore me on blogs because the answers are so mundane. I read every single one your answers because you are hilarious. And I'm so jealous that you ran into Mr.Belding, I think he was at the Science Center in Cleveland once hahah

Josie said...

Jen, you're so freaking hilarious. And I adore learning more about you... I love that Madonna song too!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Courtney Erin said...

I love the bit about semi-public masturbation - too funny!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Shanah said...

Great post :) Love some of your answers hahaa.

Rocio said...

Great post!
Rocio C.

MG said...

I'm also quite proud that I haven't got knocked up yet ;)

lifeontherocks said...

hey thanks for the recommendation. I have read lisbeth salander. amazing book. will check out the other book. and hey u and ur bf looks so amazing together!

Katie said...

You sound like a fascinating person!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i love the diversity of all these questions! it's amazing to learn more about you too- thanks for answering mine :)

hope you had a good weekend!

Chicago Chic said...

Jennifer, this was soooo much fun to read!! I am LOVING learning more about you (just got caught up with the last 2 posts also). I have to say that one of the first things I noticed about you was your love for Morrissey, and that is because I love him too!

So happy to see your answers to my questions here too! Red Velvet cake is amazing truly, and I must say that I'm pretty impressed that you got an impressive job in your area of interest as soon as you graduated! Not everyone can say that (including me!). ... and you do have incredible taste...

Lastly, I want to say that I just love when someone has a strong passion in life and I respect you so much for your love of writing! Never let go of it!
xo
Rachel

stylenuggets said...

Have to say the questions are so varied and your answers make great reading. Is that Saif Ali Khan with you?

Unknown said...

YAY...I love your answers you're definitely so awesome. I'm loving how we're getting know such random things about you .. Genius.

XoXo
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

Mikaela said...

I probably know about you more than some of my friends :D Well it's interesting to get to know people!

xx
absofuckinglutely

CORIEE.com said...

Hi,

I enjoy reading your blog..It's excellent. I love your pictures as well.

Actually, I am a silk scarf lover. I created a website called CORIEE "http://www.coriee.com".

Also, I have a blog "http://www.corieeblog.com".

I also made videos on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/corieesilk)


Please feel free to give me some of your comments. Thanks for visiting me.



Warmest Regards,
A.H.

little luxury list said...

Mmm pina colada.

Well if you are ever in SE Asia, I'll take you out for drinks and you can hang out at our pool (note I am not special, almost every complex has a pool because it's so hot here).

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in to say hi! I'm a aspiring children's writer and former journalist!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, I could never get sick of you - or these posts. Love love!

BTW...You are totes a Mila - she would do an amazing job of bringing you (and your personality!) to the big screen! :)

love jenny xoxo said...

great answers!! i kinda like buttered popcorn jelly beans too! and honestly I don't fully get twitter either and I have an account too!

XOXO

Vix said...

I loved reading this! Promise me you'll get your ass to India in the next few years, I'll meet you in Mumbai and buy you a Kingfisher.
There Is a Light that never Goes Out...best song ever. xxx

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

Yay! I love reading your answers. haha these are such much fun and Mine was first!


Amber

Diego R. Wyatt said...

OMG these questions were amazing (and crazy at the same time). Loved you answer, especially your deserted island playlist. That's an awesome question. Love reading your hillarious answers.

Diego
www.howtozipyourfly.com

Anonymous said...

Morrissey, Beatles and Lily (L)

Olga said...

The more I get to know about you the more I understand why you are so fabulous :) Your story about your favorite doll is really lovely, sweet and exceptional.

Oh to Be a Muse said...

this is still really fun...can't get enough of your great answers.

i would have been tempted to put a list of all smith songs myself (angel, down we go together, there is a light, this charming man, last night i dreamt...)

i can't believe someone actually asked you about masturbation--too funny!

and although she doesn't look like me, it would be nice to have mila kunis play me in the movie of my life--or some other hottie with great hair. :)

La Tendedera said...

Neat, you bumped into Mr. Belding?! I've 'bumped' into Richard Simmons at an airport...sort of, my friend bumped into him, I was on the phone with her.

Does that count as equaled awesomeness? :D

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Loves it! These are your best answers yet :) And your playlist was great too. Keep them coming. XOXO

noone said...

Mila Kunis is adorable, I love her ever since that 70s show, and ya I'd bring my girl friends on vaca with me if I win too :D

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I love reading all your answers and getting to know more about you! You're such a generous girl! I think it's so sweet of you treat all your friends cars and vacations when you have a lot of money! Mila Kunis would be perfect to play you! For me, I want Keira Knightely to play me :-) xoxoxoxoo

FashionJazz said...

Love readıng ur answers and ur specıal way wıth words : ) have a lovely Tuesday xx

Mimi said...

i love mila kunis! :)

and i agree with everything you said on my kate middleton style post!

<3, Mimi

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

twitter makes me hyperventilate sometimes. LOVE your taste in music! you really do rock =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Roxy Heart said...

Great post! I love learning about other bloggers.
http://fashuhneestah.com/

Damsels said...

i love these question things . keep them coming

Heather Taylor said...

Ahhh, I love Mila Kunis, that is a great choice! You be Mila, I'll be Zooey Deschanel and in this awesome movie, we will globetrot the world in search of great shoes and have awesome jobs. Sound like a plan? Okay then :)
Get a linkedin account if you're looking for networking opportunities! It's really great, my college recommended it to me and I love mine. Also visit internships.com. They feature lots of internships that are PAID positions (what a concept, right?) in your area. Most of them even lead to full time work, upload your resume with them and check it out :)