Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Final Countdown

I have some very sad news.

This is the last of the questions.

I know some of you have been basing your life and rearranging your schedule around these posts, desperate to learn more about me.

But all good things must come to an end, right?

Maybe in 10 years, I'll do a question post again. But until then, savor every last drop of these upcoming answers.

You're welcome.



Barry asked, "What's your favourite food?"

I am obsessed with hummus. I could eat it every day of the week. In fact, I think I have actually done that before.

and

"Favourite childhood memory?"

One of my favorite childhood memories is from summer camp when I was 11 years old. My friend and I snuck out of our cabin in the middle of the night and ran for a couple miles outside the campground into a sprawling meadow. We climbed a huge tree and sat there talking for a while. All of the sudden a huge line of horses started galloping underneath us. They must have been wild horses because we weren't anywhere near a ranch or farm. They didn't belong to our camp. No one was even riding them. It was magical and breathtaking.

and

"What one person has had the greatest positive influence on you?"

This is a tricky question because several people have changed my life in small ways. But I guess the person who influenced it the most was my journalism professor in college.

He was a grizzly old Pulitzer-prize winning reporter who had worked at the Chicago Tribune for 30 years, covered every single war since Vietnam, and was educated at Harvard University. Impressive credentials aside, he was also rumored to be the meanest man on campus. I was terrified to take his class.

The first class we had, he scowled and roared at us and gave us an impossible assignment every single kid in class practically failed. The next day, almost half the class had dropped. I stayed because I needed the intro-to-journalism class to begin my degree. It was the best decision I ever made in my life. I had never learned so much from one person. I worked my ass off in that class and he genuinely appreciated my effort. He went from being a grizzy bear to a teddy bear.

By the end of the class, we both thought the world of each other. I took every single one of his courses for the next three years, until I graduated. Right before I graduated college, he invited me to have a chat in his office and he gave me a beer (totally illegal because we were on campus, lol). During that meeting, he told me I had been his most favorite student he had ever had in his decade of being a professor. He said he was proud of me. It brought me to tears.

Sadly, we don't keep in touch anymore. But I will never forget how he rekindled my passion for journalism and how he sharpened my writing skills tremendously.

and (the next question)

"Who was "the one who got away"? (I think we all have one)."

I don't have one! Maybe I'm too young? I hate to think of having one some day...

and

"What's an ideal night for you?"

Curling up with Rian on the couch with a home cooked meal, glass of red wine, and watching a classic film.

and

"If you could sleep with anyone besides Rian or Morrissey who would it be? (If your answer is me, thank you in advance)."

Hahaha! Dammit...no Morrissey? Well, um. I guess James Dean. They don't have bad asses like him in Hollywood anymore.

and

"How did you get to be so Fucking Fabulous? Did you take an online course or something?"

No, I didn't take a course. But you just gave me a BRILLIANT idea on how to make money these days! Hahaha.

"What makes your hair so shiny?"

I think it's because I actually have multi-colored hair. My hair is made up of black, red, blonde, and brown strands. I think that makes in shine in the light. I don't use hair product.

and

"Does Bigfoot exist?"

Probably. Nothing shocks me anymore.

and

"Do you believe men and women can just be friends, without one having 'those thoughts' about the other? I'm not talking about our friendship though because, umm, never mind."

Every situation is different. I think it can be done, but it totally depends on the two individuals.

and

"What are your five best qualities?"

I like my teeth, my eyes, my writing skills, my hair, and my ability to quickly detect bullshit.

and

"If you could be doing anything right now what would it be?"

I would be visiting my friend Jonny in Branson because I miss him terribly.



btd asked, "How do you sleep? On your back, tummy, side?"

I sleep on my back. I can't sleep any other way.

and

"Have you ever broken someone's heart?"

So I've been told. It weirds me out. I don't like to think of someone being sad because of me.

and

"Why you no make youtube videos! I'd love to see your beautiful face!"

That's really sweet of you. I actually don't have a convenient way of making youtube videos anymore. My video recorder hasn't been working recently and my 10-year-old laptop doesn't have a camera attached to it. I'm so poor!

and

"Favorite magazine?"

W (Two years ago I dropped my subscription to Elle and got W instead. It was a wise decision because I really enjoy the articles in W a lot more. It's a very educational magazine in regards to fashion news).



Jos asked, "What kind of music do you like?"

I love all kinds of music! I think the real question is what don't I like, which includes heavy metal and hardcore rap. Some of my favorite musicians include Morrissey/The Smiths, The Beatles, Neil Young, and Lily Allen.

and

"Being half-indian (i'm fascinated by the culture) what kind of religion do you practise?"

I'm a boring Lutheran. When my dad came to the USA 41 years ago, he was Hindu. He got invited to live at a Christian hippie commune as soon as he arrived and they converted him. When he married my mom, he became Lutheran.

Ever since I was a kid though, I have been obsessed with reincarnation. I like to think it exists.

and

"How did you meet your boyfriend?"

Rian and I sat next to each other in our American Literature class during my last year of college. I was actually dating someone else at the time. We never talked, but apparently Rian had a big crush on me.

As soon as I broke up with the other guy, Rian sent me a friend request on facebook and a message. We were facebook pen pals for a few months until he finally worked up the courage to ask me out. Hehe.



Fati asked, "I don't know if it's too late to ask questions, but I have been dying to know what was real and what was fake from your post from December. I'm not actually expecting you to reveal, as that's quite a bit of personal info, but just wanted to let you know I've been wondering for forever!"

You're right, dahhhhling, those answers will go to the grave with me! (Or until they are released in my best-selling memoir. Whatever happens first).



Alicia asked, "If you could live in any setting in any time in history, where, when and why would you choose it?"

I have so many different answers to this question! To think of just one scenario is torture.

I would have loved to have been at Versailles with Marie Antoinette during her prime. The dresses women wore back then were spectacular and the hair was outrageous and the lifestyle was insanely fabulous. Of course, things ended badly...

I would also have loved to have been a 20-something-year-old in London during the swinging 60s. I don't think it gets much more glamorous and fabbing fuckulous than that!


Anyways, I want to thank you all for submitting questions and keeping me preoccupied while I struggled with a personal issue this past week. I am feeling better. I'm not as unhappy anymore. Love you!

31 comments:

Jelena Zivanovic said...

i'll try to find somewhere W mag now!:) i like James D. answer!:Dlol and it's so interesting about your multi-colored hair,lucky u!!:) it was so good to find out so many things about u,thanks for sharing a pieces of your world with us!;)
kisses
Jelena
http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

Vix said...

Awww, can't believe these were your last answers. I loved finding out more about you and your humour always cracks me up.
Let you into a secret, check out Vincent Gallo, he's a real bad ass Hollywood actor and as hot as hell. xxx

Josie said...

Not the end of the questions! Sadddd. I'm jealous of your amazingly shiny hair and that professor sounds awesome.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Carla Chávez Lino said...

love the professor story :) inspiring! and like "chameleon" I'm searching w mag too!

Becky Tjandera said...

Haha I think I should be thanking that professor too because your writing skill is amazing, can't get bored reading your blog. Anyway, thank you so much for all of your lovely comments on my blog. I award you as my "Best Reader". Haha! Can't thank you enough!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting all these questions, it helps to know you better :)
Oh, dear I read you are not happy...hope things are better now and you are back to your best smile, cheers

HiFashion said...

Awww, I'm going to miss reading your answers.
I love hummous too. It's such fantastic food!
And I would totally take your 'how to be fabulous' online course.

✗✗ said...

I LOVE hummus actually I think I'm obsessed! Great picture!!

Once Upon A Time... said...

great answers! wish those weren't the last...i loved reading and knowing more about you! you're such an amazing person!

jos xx

MG said...

So fun, Jenn! I feel like I know you a lot more now :)

Shannon said...

you are just too darn popular!

love jenny xoxo said...

yum I love hummus too! did you know it's a breakfast food in Eastern Europe?

I wish I could sleep on my back but I can't... I hear it's sleeping on your face gives you wrinkles :)

I love your answers!

XOXO

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh Jennifer, YES! You need to give an Online course on being fabulous! That would totes be the best way to earn money! Why on earth is this not a class offered in college? :)

Couture Carrie said...

Loved this series, darling!

Yay for W, hummus, and shiny hair!

Glad you are feeling a bit better :)

xoxox,
CC

JoaNNa said...

i really like your story about your professor. he said you were his most favorite student of all time. noone have ever said that to me before.. ughh i didnt get to ask a question :( do some of these again soon! <3

Bonnie said...

I love your relationship with that professor. You can usually learn the most from the meanest ones.

I vote YAY on YouTube videos. I would love to hear the random shit that comes out of your mouth. I think we could be long-lost sisters.

I'm sad that this is the end to the questions. You should make up questions to ask yourself and then answer them for us. You are too fascinating.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Tights Lover said...

Loved all of the answers! I'm definitely kind of sad its over...

I really enjoyed the story about your professor. The hardest ones always end up being the most memorable I think...looking back on my own college experience.

...not that any of them ever gave me a beer...bastards.

Ninjagaiden78 said...

No more questions??

windowshopz.com

Sick by Trend said...

Love the Anne and Marlon pictures! :D

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

La Tendedera said...

you sure that professor wasn't interested in a little something- something? Like reading literature together... :D

Courtney Erin said...

I'm so going to miss the questions - it's always a great read!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

stylenuggets said...

James Dean- great choice. Sad to read the last of these posts

Beth Dunn said...

I eat hummus every day too! Love
xoxo
SC

Lisa said...

Omgosh I loved the story of how you and your bf met. Sooo cute! :)

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DONT WANT IT TO END!!!!!!!!!!!!! =) I'm still learning =) hehe

I sleep on my back too. and heart hummus all day every day! and I want more. make this a weekly/monthly thing puhhlease =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

-E- said...

i have to agree with la tendedera. the story sounded suspicious.

Meri said...

I would definitely take a course from you in fabulousness!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Hummus is my favorite thing ever, Trader Joe's is my fav brand!

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

Oooh. Girl, I buy hummus from Costco! LOL They have garlic hummus, traditional, avocado hummus, and roasted pine nut! I'm with you on the hummus. haha

SMD said...

You don't know how much I've completely enjoyed reading these questions! You've done a fabulous job answering them (well, duh, everything you do is fabulous) and I hope it made you feel better. The childhood memory of the wild horses at camp sounds absolutely magical. Those almost surreal memories are the best. Your journalism professor sounds terrific, I think meeting some people is fate. Why don't you keep in touch any longer? Haha, how hilarious with you and Rian! Well, now you know that he's always been totally hooked on you :)
http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

Barry said...

Thanks for answering my questions Jen. U rock!! xx